Are you, your child or child’s grandparents an enrolled member of an American Indian tribe or Alaskan Native group? If so, your child can enroll in the Title VI program. Enrollment will increase opportunities available for your child. Our program goal is to meet and exceed state academic and cultural standards.
To enroll in the Title VI Indian Education program: download and complete the registration form and email or fax it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax # 801-798-4481 attn:Indian Education or send the completed form to your child's school.
Federal funding generated by 506 forms helps Title VII develop, unique and specialized services for Pre-K—12 grade American Indian and Alaskan Native students in our district.
These activities are scheduled for 2015/2016 school year:
- Afterschool homework lab Mon and Wed 3-5pm
- tutoring help in the school
- Camp Eagle Summer School during the month of June
- Wasatch Eagle Cultural Performing Arts group
- Cultural, Academic and Leadership Workshops/Conferences
- Scholarship, career and post-secondary training and exploration
- Navajo Language and Government classes
- Native Advisory Committee (parents, teachers and students)
- Advocates for parents, students and the Native American community to the School District.
ENROLLMENT IN PROGRAM DOES NOT OBLIGATE STUDENT OR PARENTS TO PARTICIPATE!
Enrollment helps bring much needed Federal funds to the school district to help support the education of Native children. Enrollement also helps Title VI personnal support your child and you with information of scholarship opportunites. Please indicate if your family declines participation or does not have tribal enrollment to participate. Write student’s name, DOB and status and return to school. We will note this in the database.
If you have questions please call 801-798-4480 Indian Education.